MDE Solution for warehousing and logistics – iFD mStore
iFD mStore is a mobile MDE solution for automation of all IT-based processes in warehousing, extending the functionality of the ERP system, communicating intensively with the ERP system and updating important data right away. Using such functionality makes it easier to control the flow of goods, having more real-time data available, and increases the just-in-time overview.
The mobile MDE solution iFD mStore:
- Minimizes the differences between real situation and data presented in the ERP system;
- Optimizes and increases the reliability of processes in the warehouses;
- Reduces significantly the time used for processing customer orders;
- Increases the personnel efficiency and data quality as data is not entered twice;
- Increases the speed of data entry, as it takes place in parallel to the warehouse handling;
- Allows control and changes in data on site in the warehouse, if necessary;
- Allows price and quick inventory control and reports;
- Automatically creates the necessary documents upon completion of tasks – e.g. shipping information, delivery notes, invoices, automated customer information
- Reduces the warehouse operation cost in terms of personnel used;
Although iFD mStore is a powerful and comprehensive MDE solution for warehouse automation, iFD mStore was designed and optimized to run on a variety of different mobile hardware systems, creating a very favorable total cost of ownership for the entire solution for your organization.
The mobile MDE solution iFD mStore is based on its own local database, holding all necessary information received or sent to the central warehouse management system (iFD digiStore or iFD wMaS) or the central ERP system directly, for example the ERP System Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV.
The communication is based on standard network protocols, allowing you to use different transmission channels, like WiFi (WLAN), mobile data communication, local networks as well as for raw environment and also via cradle of the MDE unit, depending on the protocols available in the MDE hardware, whether these are handheld barcode scanner, long-distance scanners or mobile forklift terminals.
Depending on the given network infrastructure and transmission quality, constant network communication as well as a batch mode with periodic data transmission is available. In both cases, the MDE unit is received warehouse tasks (e.g. goods receiving, picking, inventory, shipping, production) and sends the results back when finished.
The receiving system, either the warehouse management system iFD digiStore or iFD wMaS, or the connected ERP system are automatically processing the data to produce the resulting documents and or communication tasks, are configured.
During the processing, inventory is tracked, also calculating still-open warehouse orders.
|The solution iFD mStore is composed of the following modules:
All iFD mStore functions follow these criteria:
- Support and track lot information;
- Warehouse oriented and lot specific inventory control;
- Support of reading the majority of important data (e.g. article number, lot, dates, pallet numbers) from a present or generated barcode following international standards, directly from the goods or pallets.
Thanks to its modular structure, iFD mStore can be parameterized in various ways to fit optimally into already existing workflows.
iFD mStore also supports different languages per MDE unit. Users can select their appropriate language they feel comfortable and secure in. Also new languages can be integrated. Currently iFD mStore supports the following languages:
- Spanish (Europe)
- Spanish (Latin America)
Additional languages or localized languages on request.
Based on the orders received in ERP system, picking orders are generated and transmitted to iFD mStore subsystem, transmitting them to the MDE units. Warehouse personnel then takes over and simply follow the steps below:
Special workflows are initiated in case of an unpredictable out-of-stock situation. By using iFD mStore and these picking workflows, out-of-stock-situations can be handled more efficiently and quicker, increasing service quality.
This function is used in the shipping area to assure that the picked order is shipped correctly and completely. Based on the attached shipping labels, iFD mStore automatically checks the picking order to determine, whether:
Should it be the case that parts of the order / shipment are missing, this information is transmitted back to the warehouse or ERP system, automatically taking care that these missing parts are not contained in the shipping documents.
After releasing the shipment order, necessary documents are automatically printed out, so that they can be attached to the shipment right away.
When using iFD mStore also in the trucks itself, iFD mStore can be also used for the process of delivery at customer site. When delivering the shipment to the customer, shipping units and returned items like transport, material (e.g. roll containers, pallets, cages) can be scanned, so that the eventually resulting credit note generation can also be automated.
This function is normally used in the receiving department. Checking the quantity, character and quality at receiving is an important task in the supply chain, influencing a number of post processes at receiving. Also scanning of import article data like lot numbers is supported (EAN 128), quality and packaging of the goods received have to be checked carefully and noted into iFD mStore on position level as well, reducing the amount of manual paperwork to be done.
The workflows in goods receiving normally follows these steps:
- Select warehouse number currently operating in;
- Selection of the appropriate goods receiving order;
- Checking each article one after the other and scan the article- and lot number based on barcode label (EAN 128); 1)
- Compare quantity ordered against received or accepted quantity and enter;
- Enter quality- and hygienic criteria of article (HACCP);
- Enter number of transport material received (roll containers, pallet, boxes, cages);
- Release the goods receiving order.
The mentioned workflows is simplified, in various installation additional steps are added, like automatically generating barcode labels for products with EAN128 or custom barcodes, or adding automated workflows for rejected goods and various other automation steps. After releasing the goods receiving order, the system automatically prints out all necessary documents and barcode labels needed for in stocking the products, also containing the shelf / slot numbers and EAN128 labels.
This module is used for complete or partial inventory recording in the warehouses, to optimally parallel the counting processes and therefore increase the speed of an inventory recording process.
The inventory module supports:
- Dividing the warehouse in a structure with a configurable number of counting zones;
- Either separate processing of zones or joined processing of multiple zones together;
- Checking and avoiding recording of invalid data;
- Quick reports on the actual status of the zones in processing.
The steps in inventory control are usually:
- Selection of the warehouse number operating in;
- Selection of the zones;
- Repeatedly scanning the article counted, eventually with article number and lot number (EAN 128);
- Counting the quantity present;
- Release the counting zone;
- Printing of the control report of the counting zone;
- Finalize the counting zone.
The resulting data is then transmitted back to warehouse or ERP system for further processing the inventory.
This module is used to process the raw material for production orders. Production orders are normally processed the following way in iFD mStore:
After releasing the production order, it is released for production. The inventory is maintained and other processes are initiated, like eventually informing the buying department about an upcoming out-of-stock situation.
The module system settings is a separate component, developed as a Windows Desktop Application to control and maintain the data used by iFD mStore centrally with various control and service function including:
How to integrate iFD mStore
Our experience in various projects in the warehouse area showed that evaluating the current processes in the warehouses, also in conjunction with the ERP workflows is important to analyze first. Then, when the issues are clearly understood to then propose the best and most efficient combination of programs, software solutions and hardware components to be used.
Based on these evaluation workshops we create a project description and quotation, naming all recommended components as well as estimations about the time and resourced needed to implement.
Together with the customer, this concept in discussed and decided and the necessary interfaces are defined.
Individual online product presentation
|Would you like to know more about the functionality and possibilities of iFD mStore in an individual online product presentation?
Just give us a call or get in contact by using our contact or demo request form and we will get back to you right away or at the time, you specified to coordinate your personal online presentation on one of our demo installations of iFD mStore.
Request demo …
|Our hardware recommendations
|For more models and product information on M3 Mobile, please visit the manufacturers site …|