Business Intelligence System / Data Warehouse iFD MIS
The Management Information System for retail, wholesale and production – to always have the overview…
iFD MIS is a cost efficient solution for mid-size companies calculating and presenting your important company data and results for optimal control of your business activities. It is easy to use and highly efficient.
The following reports are supported:
- Sales and turnover reports with customer or article hierarchy with filters down to days
- Monthly sales and turnover reports with customer or article hierarchy
- Comparing sales and turnover reports with customer or article hierarchy compared to one or more periods
- Contribution margin reports by customers or article hierarchy
Content and layout of the reports can be customized by the following criteria:
- Customer and article filters;
- Filters on period of time to be evaluated;
- Selection by different criteria;
- Customer and article hierarchy;
- Selection of comparing mode
iFD MIS allows users to flexible and easily to configure the layout and content of the desired reports and to save these configurations for later use.
iFD MIS allows the values-oriented management of the customer business, based on defined metrics and criteria. Furthermore flexible ad-hoc queries can be defined and executed to gain on-the-fly data. Just surprise other decision makers with the ease-of-use reporting and presentation of your business metrics and other criteria.
iFD MIS – the solution for analyzing challenges
Management Information Systems (MIS) are software solutions, which extend the operative functionality of ERP systems by providing many analytical reporting functions.
The typical focus of an ERP system is:
- Full integration of the operative processes or of the organization – from planning, buying, production through marketing and sales – all activities lead to your accounting and bookkeeping;
- Higher flexibility and ease-of-use in master data administration;
- Support of the daily business operation by high-efficient business function modules;
- Full coverage of the highly automated creation the distribution of all necessary documents, labels and other outbound directed material;
- Higher security and availability of data, due to transaction oriented data handling and relational handling of the operative data.
In the area of analytical reports, especially over longer periods of time, most ERP-systems find it difficult to offer this service, mainly due to the performance and the resulting increase of response times of the system during operation. In the ERP, every report needs to be manually created.
ERP-systems often normally only include static reports. In MIS, you only need to customize your reports. You do not need programming experience and you will save a lot of time and effort. Additionally, our experience has showed that the performance of these static reports decreased significantly when processing these reports on high volumes of based data, resulting in the worst case in dramatically slowing down the entire ERP-systems and therefore also the entire organization in the daily business.
This often missing function of the ERP-systems can be compensated by using additional and adapted analytical reporting solutions:
iFD MIS is based on the so-called OLAP – data – cube technology, which stores data in dimensions. It is much better suited for analytical purposes than the standard relational structured databases, mostly used in ERP systems.
OLP data cubes are a common standard in Data Warehouse Technology and therefore also able to provide:
- long term storing of huge mass-data, where storage consumption is rather low compared to relational databases,
- faster access to the stored data due to cube multidimensional organization of the data and
- the creation of highly complex and dynamic reports with a high degree of information content.
Using and integrating iFD MIS in the ERP systems of the organization combines both technologies to create an instrument that controls the business processes efficiently and precisely by analyzing the collected data, even with huge amounts of data over an extended of time, without having an impact on ERP systems performance.
The iFD MIS currently has a standard interface to Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV, but can be adapted, due to its modular structure, easily and cost-efficiently to other ERP-systems.
Unique solution for headoffices and sales forces
Whether for the head office of an organization or the sales forces, iFD MIS is the right choice for mid-size organizations.
The server-based system uses the central database and provides precise analytical reports, offering the highest possible data resolution in the reports, even a resolution per day in reports for short time analysis.
iFD MIS is based on a modern web service architecture, allowing the use and integration by intranet based applications and solutions as well as mobile functionalities as the same time.
An additional feature of iFD MIS is the Offline-MIS-version, allowing sales force personnel to use MIS data in an offline mode, when internet connectivity is not available at all time. Using this feature sales people can also analyze data offline on their laptops out in the field. The only restriction that applies is that in order to keep transferred data reasonable, the possible data resolution is restricted to monthly data aggregation.
But also in this feature, all centrally configured reports can be used in the offline-version, allowing the sales forces to quickly analyze data, on for instance the customer or his territory.
The frequency of synchronization of the data for the offline feature has to be configured individually – normally a monthly frequency is recommended, but any other frequency can be configured as well.
System architecture and functionality
The iFD MIS consists of four parts:
- iFD ERP connector for data imports;
- iFD MIS sDatawareHouse database / data – cube;
- iFD MIS application server and web services;
- iFD MIS reporting Front End.
The OLAP structured data cubes are the basis for the multi-dimensional analysis of economical variable data using different criteria. During the setup, these cubes will be designed accordingly to the customers’ requirements, and the import logic will be configured for importing the data from the corresponding ERP-system(s).
Specific calculation rules and formulas for complex metrics are also defined in the customization phase of the iFD MIS integration.
The application server holds the business logic of the iFD MIS, based and built on set of powerful, scalable and secured modern web services, providing the analytical reporting functionality to the iFD MIS front end, as to other application where iFD MIS services should be accessible from, like mobile sales force support (optional).
The iFD MIS reporting front end user is used to administer as well as configure reports and to define batch jobs:
The front-end functions in detail are:
- Administration of users (personalized access);
- Definition and storing of individual analytical reports;
- Executing of on-demand reports;
Definition of batch-jobs, repeatedly creating and sending analytical reports based on time definitions.
Integration and customization of iFD MIS Data Warehouse
The integration, preceding the customization, is realized by the iFD ERP connector, performing the following tasks:
- importing master data tables
- importing and aggregating operative data
from the ERP-system and a regular basis.
The data import is also customized and configured accordingly to the individual customers’ needs and expectations.
Formulas and calculations of special metrics are integrated, as well as the specifically needed reports during the customization phase, especially considering the following environmental variables of the organizational implementation:
- Organization structure – the iFD MIS supports and unlimited number of sub-organizations as well as summaries and consolidated reports on groups of sub-organizations;
- Dimensions – e.g. customer-, product-, cost centers-, time- and other hierarchies, being used as the basis for the reports;
- Metrics – resulting data and derived or calculated metrics are defined and be presented later in the corresponding reports.
To analyze precisely, it is important to be able to combine defined dimensions (multiple fields) with each other and to base the result on any desired selections. The combinations of dimensions are configured in the report templates if iFD MIS customer individually.
The selection of objects of each dimension, to be analyzed in the specific report, can be easily selected by so-called “Filters” by the user. Each “Filter” can be saved by name and therefore by used at any time. In addition, the hierarchical level can enabled or disabled the user as necessary.
All stored and defined metrics are offered for selection and presentation in the reports. The configuration of new reports just requires to select the desired metrics in the mask and to save the configuration to be used as the data basis for the report.
Processing Live Reports can be iniated in two different levels:
- Interactive Pivot Table in which the selected hierarchical levels of dimensions and the selected metrics are displayed. All selected hierarchical levels contain total lines and can be folded and unfolded for better overview, allowing and supporting precise analysis of trends;
- Static Crystal Reports, containing predefined dimension hierarchies and metrics with corresponding total lines.
Both types of reports can be exported to Microsoft Excel or Adobe PDF Format or printed directly.
A frequently required function is the ability to define and schedule reports produced and send them regularly to a defined group of users.
iFD MIS has an integrated reporting scheduler allowing the administrator to select the report and to define the frequency of creation and the group of receiving users. The system jobs are normally executed following the daily data import by the iFD MIS ERP connector.
Scheduling a reporting job consists of the following parameters:
- Repetition: daily, weekly (on one or more weekdays), monthly (at specific date or first or last day of month);
- Period of the reports: in days, weeks or month backwards from the actual date of the report job;
- File format: Excel table, Excel Pivot table, Adobe PDF File
- Recipients list
The scheduled reports will be sent automatically by email to the recipients defined in the list.
Individual online presentation
|Would you like to know more about the functionality and possibilities with iFD MIS in an individual online product presentation?
Just give us a call or get in contact by using our contact or demo request form and we will get back to you right away or at the time you specified to coordinate your personal online presentation on one of our demo installations of iFD MIS.
Demotermin anfragen …
All mentioned trademarks are owned by their owners and producers. SharePoint, Navision, BizTalk-Server are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. IPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.